Hello Family and Friends,
We are excited to present the first-ever Livestream worship service for Tabernacle UMC. To assist you in this service, the bulletin for tomorrow is attached to this email. Print yourself a copy to use during worship. We go live at 10 a.m.
You may tune in through clicking on the Church Website, by using the instructions sent a few days ago, or you may download the PDF attached below.
Finally, we recognize that we have only about half of the member's email addresses. Feel free to pass along the information on how to connect and this program to whoever would like a worship service. If we have omitted anyone, call Michelle Pinheiro at the church office at 540-786-6162 to update that email address for our system. If you wish to opt-out of all future emails, simply click on the link at the bottom of this message to do so.
Breathe, and know God loves you.
(printable copy - pdf
This is a guide with links to help you watch the LIVE service from Tabernacle UMC as well as watch recordings of the service if you missed it.
You can go to the main church website on ANY browser – www.tabumc.org and click on the YouTube icon in the upper right of the page and this will take you directly to the Tabernacle UMC YouTube Channel.
NOTE: I have noticed that the icon may not show up on phone browsers, but you can still click the link listed on page 2.
When the stream is LIVE, you can click on the service that is LIVE and watch it in real-time.
After the LIVE event, the video will also appear on the same page under VIDEOS and can be watched at any time. You can always just click this link and it will take you to YouTube Channel immediately. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqBMighYztBjqH8Z_E-wP7w
You can always copy and paste the link into ANY browser and get to the page as well. So you don’t have to click this every time, you can Bookmark the page and just go to the Bookmark the next time you want to go there. If you have a Gmail account you will be able to leave comments or chats during the LIVE Event. Please bear with us as this is new for all of us. Hopefully, after a few times, this will be routine for you.
Thank you for your patience.
Dear Tabernacle Friends and Family,
Thanks to many hands and some smart people, Tabernacle will Livestream our worship service this Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
You can access this worship service on your computer, tablet, or even your cell phone through YouTube. Information on how to connect to Tabernacle's specific channel will be sent as it becomes available. In the meantime, check your device to make sure you can get YouTube. If you don't already use a streaming service, maybe over the next day or two, you may want to experiment so to raise your comfort level?
We are exploring connecting our small groups and adult Sunday school classes by video conferencing. Stay tuned!
Hello Tabernacle Friends and Family,
All of us wish that the danger of contagion from COVID-19 was over, but it is not. President Trump, as guided by the CDC, has restricted group gatherings to 10 persons or fewer. This is to reduce the risk of infection to our membership and the broader community. Attached is the most recent and detailed update from Bishop Sharma Lewis regarding Conference-wide church closings and the use of our buildings and grounds.
The summary is as follows: Most notably, worship on March 29th is canceled. Committees, small groups, and our studies may meet with the pastor's permission and on a case by case basis. The criteria for approval is ten or fewer attendees, and everyone observes social distancing of six feet, and (what I added) the clean-up of the meeting area to include sanitizing all touched surfaces and wiping down plastic chairs. Video conferencing, phone, and email meetings do not need pastoral approval.
While the staff will continue to work in the office, we are observing a restricted protocol. Call ahead to announce your intended visit, do not just drop by. The primary tasks are contacting our members, working on the live stream project, answering the telephone, and generally putting out fires. This is far from the normal workweek, but these are abnormal times.
We are working on providing details for phone and video conferencing as an alternative. We do not have dates or login information - yet. Read your email for more details.
Let's pray for all health care workers as well as for those most vulnerable to this illness.
Let's support our national leaders in this tough time, and especially we must avoid politicizing this emergency.
Let's rise to this occasion, for our community needs us to be strong.
Now breathe and trust in God's love.
Dear Tabernacle Church Family and Friends:
Out of caution, we are not going to have worship this Sunday, March 15 or the next Sunday, March 22nd. In addition, we are canceling all events and activities this week. Effectively the church will be closed. However, the staff is working and will be available to assist. We encourage you to call the church office instead of visiting in person. We will be updating each of you about worship and activities beyond next week in the coming days.
Below you will find some answers to questions you may have about our decision.
Why are we canceling worship?
1. We believe this is the best way to limit contact and protect everyone’s health and wellbeing. This also means we limit the spreading of the virus amongst the community and ourselves.
2. This is the best witness in response to a health emergency.
3. Bishop Sharma Lewis directed ALL United Methodist Churches to cancel worship for these dates.
What about online worship and how do I access it?
1. We know some will not be able to access the website and we are working on finding ways to share a recording of the Sunday sermon.
2. We will do our best to provide a link and expand TABUMC's online presence.
What about my offering?
1. If you are able, please give online. You can give one time or you can set up reoccurring gifts so that even if you are unable to make it to worship when we resume, you can still contribute to the life and ministry of Tabernacle.
2. If you want to offer your financial support, we appreciate your stewardship. Checks may be sent through the mail, or you can make an online contribution on our web site: www.tabumc.org, then click on Egiving.
Why talk about the offering?
1. Because your gift keeps the church engaged in mission and ministry. Through your offering, we can be Christ’s hands and feet at work in the world.
2. If you are able, we encourage you to give an additional gift to the Pastors Discretionary Fund, which we will use to address the immediate needs of others in our community. We expect the need for assistance will rise in the coming weeks.
1. Pray! Please remember everyone affected by this virus. For those living in poverty, the sick, the dying, medical professionals, small business owners, and anyone else who is vulnerable.
2. Ask for help! If the virus impacted your wellbeing, ask for help from this church and the community.
3. Read your emails! We will be updating you as we learn more and gain useful information.
Please share this email with anyone who may not subscribe to our Facebook page and be sure to give others a call to make sure everyone is up to date.
Now, take a deep breath and know that God is with us!